Working towards the world's best tourism and hospitality education network by connecting faculty and students to industry, and to each other.
Project Change is a year-long provincial competition enabling BC tourism students to become leaders and agents for positive change in the world.
Working individually or in groups (max. 6), students identify a community, then create and develop an effective social or environmental stewardship project. There are only three guidelines:
- The community has to contain at least 20 people.
- The impacts must be specific & measurable.
- The results must be reported in an effective manner.
Project Change 2013
There is one term left to compete in Project Change! All projects are due by April 19, 2013. Our awards ceremony will be held at the Vancouver Convention Centre on May 1st and ALL competing students are welcome to join us there.
Prize categories include:
- Best Energy Conservation Project
- Humanitarianism Award
- Community Improvements Award
- Environmental Sustainability Award
($2000 cash prize from BC Hydro)
- Raised $802 for Wear 2 Start (giving women business-appropriate clothing, providing makeovers and interview training)
- Collected 1054 items (high-end, clothing, make-up, etc.)
- Raised awareness through local radio station and social media
- Collected prizes (multiple hotel night stays) and sold raffle tickets
- Established ongoing partnership between Wear 2 Start and Serious Coffee
($2000 cash prize from FortisBC)
- Enticed 79 students to participate in behavioural questionnaire
- Sorted 211.5 lbs of garbage
- Provided recommendations to UNBC Housing about composting program
Stay tuned for more postings!
Top News Stories
College of the Rockies Alum Finalist for Best Job in the World
College of the Rockies Adventure Tourism Business Operations graduate Greg Snell is one of three fin...Read More
TIABC Seeks Student Recorder for AGM and Networking Event June 24
The Tourism Industry Association of BC (TIABC), formerly the Council of Tourism Associations (COTA)...Read More
- TEC 2013: Registration Now Open! February 20th, 2013
- LinkBC Annual Calendar is Now Posted January 4th, 2012